Sunday, October 17, 2010

New to the neighborhood

Recently I had been thinking that since we had moved into our new place on a quiet dead end street.  I should get to know (at least the names of) our neighbors.  So today, in honor of the fall season I baked some delicious pumpkin bread...its yummy.  I also created these little tags to place on top of the wrapped up bread with our name and address.  Because lets be honest when you meet new people you never remember their names or anything that will help you communicate with them in the future.  So as I went around on this Sunday afternoon it was disappointing to get no response from ringing several doorbells.  But by far the best response to my pumpkin bread was the neighbor across the street...

Cam and I had met his wife the first week we moved in.  She came over introduced herself and we chatted for a few minutes.  Lovely lady.  Well as I had my basket full of pumpkin bread and rang her door bell.  Her husband came to the door and all I managed to get out of my mouth was, "I'm the neighbor.  Its free."  As he immediately started talking over me and telling me they didn't want any and preceded to slam the door on my face.  Nice.

Needless to say no Christmas cookies for them :-p

1 comment: