Sunday, January 22, 2012

Welcome 2012.....Better Late than Never

Happy New Year!  A little late but for those who know me well...this is no surprise ;-)  Well, 2011 did not end without some struggle.  It was a trying year for both of us here in the Carlson household.  However, we are forever stronger and more connected.  2011 brought us ups and downs that made it difficult to sleep sometimes.  But despite all of those things we agreed to end the year looking at what we have.  A roof over our heads, food, clothing and amazingly wonderful family and friends.  Our marriage is certainly stronger and these ups and downs have helped us create a more solid foundation that will continue to get us through life's challenges.

I do believe we started the new year off perfectly too.  Cameron and I spent the weekend...just the two of us in Charlottesville, VA.  Sort of a vacation we haven't had since our honeymoon and some much needed time away from the Navy Capital of the world that is Norfolk.  And quality time to enjoy each others company before he deploys...in ONE WEEK!!  But we'll get to that...

We spent our time in Charlottesville eating at the local dives...amazing food :-)  African cuisine one night, french on new years and how american of us we threw in some Five Guys!  lol  More importantly we went wine tasting...A LOT of tasting.  We hit up four vineyards in one day....don't worry we stopped to get lunch halfway through.  I needed it more than Cam...hehehe  And then for you historians and nerds like me I dragged Cam to Monticello and the Rotunda at UVA for some architectural history.  Got to get my fix ;-)

And here we are more than half way through January and my wonderful husband is getting ready to set off on deployment number two.  Wow, has it already been almost three years since he left for the first one!  Yikes!  And although that comes with its own challenges, there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Shore Duty!!!!  Two magic words that mean those next two years are going to be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.  Wow, to have my husband home all the time....Wonderful!

So I am not happy or sad to see 2011 go.  We had some great days we had some not so great days and some days that just sucked.  But at the end of it I am still surround by amazing people and for that 2012 is already looking to be a good year.  :-)





2 comments:

  1. I was thinking maybe it is time to resurrect ye olde blog?! I WANT TO SEE CALIFORNIA ADVENTURES!!! miss you both xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete