Monday, September 26, 2011

What do you do all day?!

For any of my friends out there who have been unemployed for any length of time you can probably relate to this question. Yes there are certainly perks to not working, such as sleeping in, going to the gym every-day, visiting friends, spending time with my loving husband (when he's home....when was the last time that was again?). And although I love our urban panther Sneaky. Yes his name is Sneaky and he likes it just fine ;-). Throwing his rattle mouse and then watching him bring it back to me (this is happening in real time) is entertaining for a time.

Anyway, what I'm really getting at is what I'd like to be doing is working and feeling like I am contributing to my professional careeer. What I have found is looking for the joy in little things. I spend a lot of time cooking and baking, reading, working out, taking care of little projects around the house, helping friends, meeting up with old coworkers for coffee. And although none of these things seem like a big deal I get to live and enjoy them in that moment without having to worry about being somewhere or having something done. Which is nice. And my day is made up of little bright moments all the time. And I love at part!

And so begins another attempt at making this blog a more constant part of my life. Although I continually struggle with the "who the hell cares about what I have to say" except my shrink and my mom...lol. But if you can handle my sarcasm and rambling well be just fine!

1 comment: